December 6th, 2023
Together, let’s make sure that every student has the food they need to achieve their full potential.
Starting today, the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) invites our community to come together and support the Nutrition for Learning’s Meal Mission Fundraising Campaign.
Help Us Meet The Growing Need
More than ever, food insecurity is of critical concern across Waterloo Region. With the rising cost of food and basic needs, many WRDSB families and students are struggling.
When a child arrives at school hungry, it affects their ability to learn. It’s all they can think about.
That is why school nutrition programs, such as Nutrition for Learning, are so important to the health and well-being of WRDSB students.
We want to help bridge that gap.
Every Donation Counts
Whether you donate $1 or $100, your contribution matters. It helps fund a student nutrition program that removes the barrier to accessing healthy and nutritious food. If you are in a position to donate this holiday season, please consider giving the gift of healthy food that will nourish and fuel our students.
If you donate through our link, 100% of your donation stays within WRDSB schools. We are accepting donations from Wednesday, December 6 to Friday, December 22, 2023.
How to make a donation
- Head to the Nutrition for Learning donation portal to begin the process
- Under the “Donation Details”, select “Donate Once” or “Donate Monthly”
- Finally, fill in the rest of the form to complete your donation.
What your donation can make possible
- A one-time gift of $20 can provide 15 meals featuring fresh produce, protein, and whole grains
- A $20 monthly donation can provide just over 180 meals to students over the whole year
Follow Nutrition for Learning on social media: