November 21st, 2023
The Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) is committed to fostering and supporting a school culture that is respectful and prioritizes the inclusion of all. We remain steadfast in our commitment to the safety and well-being of all students.
Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week
We’re recognizing Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week from November 19 to 25. It’s part of our year-round work to promote schools and learning environments that are:
During Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week, Ontario students, school staff and parents are encouraged to learn more about bullying and its effects on student learning and well-being.
Bullying Prevention Resources
We encourage families to get involved in bullying prevention. To help you get started, we have provided some resources:
- Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week – Ministry of Education
- Safe Schools: Where Can I Go to Learn More? – Ministry of Education
- Parents of LGBTQ Youth – PREVNet
- What Parents need to know – PREVNet
- Parent Resource Bullying-Prevention and Awareness – WRDSB
- Cyber Bullying Parent Guide – Senate of Canada
- Safe Caring and Inclusive Schools (SCIS) – WRDSB
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention – WRDSB
- Anonymous Bullying Reporting Tool – WRDSB
Stand Up to Bullying
Tell us how you stand up to bullying using #WRDSBStandUp on social media.